UPPSA Board Elections- It’s just the beginning of the semester but UPPSA will soon hold its annual board member elections in
soon. We will hold information sessions for students interested in running for board positions this Wednesday, February 2nd from 4
6pm in the CUPPAH graduate lounge (basement) and from 5-6pm on Tuesday, February 8th from 5-6pm in Lecture Center C (where
505 meets). You can learn about the process in the appendix to the UPPSA constitution at http://www.uppsa.org/uppsa
documents.html. If you have questions regarding the process please email us at UPPSAelections@gmail.com
· 2010 Urban Innovation Symposium- Friday, February 4th Make sure to sign up for the Urban Innovation Symposium, this Friday, Feb 4th. More info can be found on the UPPSA website www.UPPSA.org
CUPPA Blood Drive on February 3rd- The Healthy CUPPA Committee along with the UIC Blood Donor Center is sponsoring a Blood Drive: Date: Thursday, 02/03/2011, Place: Room 110 CUPPA HALL 412 S. Peoria Street, Time: 10am to 3pm. Please visit the Dean's Office (Rm 115 CUPPAH) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for eligibility requirements and/or to sign up.
· UPPSA Membership- For those students new to the program, those who have been around for a while but haven’t become members and students who became members last spring, enrollment in the Urban Planning and Policy Student Association is open during the first month of the spring semester. Visit http://www.uppsa.org/uppsa-documents.html to download the membership form. Return it and your check for $15 to Ann Barnds or any UPPSA board member to enroll or renew your membership. Membership benefits include higher reimbursement rates for approved conference travel, the annual UPPSA gift, and the satisfaction of being a part of one of UIC’s most dynamic and good-looking student associations. Email us at UPPSAinfo@gmail.com with any questions.
· APA National Conference 2011 in Boston Massachusetts April 9-12- The American Planning Association National Conference is right around to corner. Check out the APA website for details on speakers, programs, and student opportunities. http://www.planning.org/conference/
Early registration ends February 10, 2011 so sign up early to save money, or apply to be a student volunteer for a $100 refund if you are an APA Student Member. http://www.planning.org/conference/registration.htm
UPPSA will be providing more information regarding accommodations, travel, and partial reimbursement in the next few weeks! Join us for a greatnetworking and learning opportunity!
· Book Exchange- As this semester is ending, a new one is going to begin shortly. Don’t forget to sell your books for some extra holiday cash, or rent them out, if you are attached to them. UPPSA book exchange in online! Go to http://www.uppsa.org/forum.html to post your books.
· Academic or Assistantship Advocacy- Any MUPPs with concerns about department-wide academic issues are encouraged to contact UPPSA at UPPSAinfo@gmail.com with your feedback about the program. The Board of UPPSA meets regularly with the UPP department and the Dean of CUPPA. Let us be your advocate. Also, for those students with assistantships, UPPSA President Bob Fuller is also the Graduate Employee Organization (GEO) steward for CUPPAH. If you feel you have been treated unfairly in your assistantship (Teaching, Graduate or Research) feel free to contact him at email@example.com to get connected with the GEO’s grievance resources.
· If you have important news for fellow MUPPs and you would like it included in the President’s Weekly Roundup and/or on the UPPSA website email UPPSAinfo@gmail.com by 2 p.m. each Sunday.