• 2011 APA National Conference Reimbursement Policy Information- Conference attendees, please find a quick list of important dates for reimbursement for Conference expenses. We will be working with UPP to create a smooth re-payment process. Please make note of deadlines, so that you will be eligible for reimbursment. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at email@example.com. Thanks!
- Informational meeting for those interested in group lodging and those
with questions to be announced soon!**
- March 1st--Last Day to submit your Conference registration via email to
firstname.lastname@example.org. ($20 Intent to Register checks are also expected, to
be returned upon registration submittal.)
- April 9-12--Conference in Boston. Whoo hoo!
- April 26--Last day to submit ORIGINAL travel and lodging receipts with STA
application to UPPSA, in order to be considered for reimbursement.
• UPPSA Board Elections- The deadline for filing as candidate for President, Vice President, Secretary or Treasurer is Monday, is tomorrow Monday, February 28th at 5pm. You can learn about the process in the appendix to the UPPSA constitution at http://www.uppsa.org/uppsa-documents.html. If you have questions regarding the process, qualifications or how UPPSA functions please email us at UPPSAelections@gmail.com
• CUPPA Business Card Holder- Following up on the plethora of career development events at CUPPA this year, our friends at PASA are selling stainless steel travel business card holders engraved with CUPPA on the lower right side for only $10. A travel business card holder is a great asset as you invest in developing, growing, and maintaining your network. Do not be caught with bent business cards because you keep them in your purse or in your wallet. Be professional. Be smart. Be CUPPA.
We are accepting cash payments only. Please be sure to order by 5:00pm Thursday March 17. Please speak or email with Bob Fuller at UPPSAinfo@gmail.com regarding ordering. Please direct nonpayment related questions to Adam Rowe, email@example.com
• Spring 2011 CUPPA Commencement- Graduation is just a couple months away. Learn details about deadlines, locations, costs and what color your hood is visit the UPPSA blog at http://www.uppsa.org/blog.html
• Lodging During the APA National Conference in Boston- The American Planning Association has secured a block of rooms at the Midtown Hotel in Boston for the National Conference. Located just across the park from the Conference Hotel and at a rate of $155/night, you will not likely find a better deal. Please reserve your rooms by March 11 in order to receive this special rate. See http://www.planning.org/conference/boston/housing/student.htm for details.
• APA National Conference 2011 in Boston Massachusetts April 9-12- The American Planning Association National Conference is right around to corner. Check out the APA website for details on speakers, programs, and student opportunities. http://www.planning.org/conference/
Early registration ends February 10, 2011 so sign up early to save money, or apply to be a student volunteer for a $100 refund if you are an APA Student Member. http://www.planning.org/conference/registration.htm
UPPSA will be providing more information regarding accommodations, travel, and partial reimbursement in the next few weeks! Join us for a great networking and learning opportunity!
• Book Exchange- As this semester is ending, a new one is going to begin shortly. Don’t forget to sell your books for some extra holiday cash, or rent them out, if you are attached to them. UPPSA book exchange in online! Go to http://www.uppsa.org/forum.html to post your books.
• Academic or Assistantship Advocacy- Any MUPPs with concerns about department-wide academic issues are encouraged to contact UPPSA at UPPSAinfo@gmail.com with your feedback about the program. The Board of UPPSA meets regularly with the UPP department and the Dean of CUPPA. Let us be your advocate. Also, for those students with assistantships, UPPSA President Bob Fuller is also the Graduate Employee Organization (GEO) steward for CUPPAH. If you feel you have been treated unfairly in your assistantship (Teaching, Graduate or Research) feel free to contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected with the GEO’s grievance resources.
• If you have important news for fellow MUPPs and you would like it included in the President’s Weekly Roundup and/or on the UPPSA website email UPPSAinfo@gmail.com by 2 p.m. each Sunday.