• Graduate Assistance Taxation Meeting with the GEO on Tuesday, March 29th at 5pm in SCE Room 329- Come out to our GA Taxation meeting on Tuesday, March 29, at 5:00 PM in SCE 329 to plan what to do now that the University rejected calls by the GEO to assess GA’s in-state assistance (done at UIUC) and to extend emergency grants into the fall semester. GEO members working together can pressure the university to bring a long-term solution to the tax withholding problem to the table. Fight back against $0 paychecks!
• UPP Next: Presentation Skills Event changed to Friday, April 22nd- Prepare for your next class presentation, job interview or presentation at a community meeting by attending the next UPP Next event focusing on presentations skills. Led by Max Dieber and Nina Savar, this event is sure to be chock full of ideas, tips and a few funny jokes. Join us on Friday, March 31st (time TBD) and get ready to be a better presenter.
• Chicago Loop Alliance Looking for April 5-8 Conference Volunteers- Chicago Loop Alliance is looking to provide some highly capable students interested in a wonderful volunteer opportunity. April 5-8 we are hosting the International Downtown Association (IDA) Spring Conference throughout the Loop. It will bring together some of the world’s premier urban planners, architects, designers, real estate developers, government officials and more for a week of workshops, city tours and networking receptions showcasing our world-class city. The conference—themed “Policy’s Role in Shaping Place”—will feature intensive and interactive dialogue among national and international delegates to explore the vital issues that affect our city centers, including transportation, technology, social issues, public/private collaborations and effective management.
If interested, individuals should email Dillon Goodson at email@example.com with their name, email, cell phone # and availability (Tu-Fri). For more information on the event, visit www.ida-downtown.org/ or call Dillon at 312-782-9160.
• Spring 2011 CUPPA Commencement- Graduation is just a couple months away. Learn details about deadlines, locations, costs and what color your hood is visit the UPPSA blog at http://www.uppsa.org/blog.html
• Book Exchange- As this semester is ending, a new one is going to begin shortly. Don’t forget to sell your books for some extra holiday cash, or rent them out, if you are attached to them. UPPSA book exchange in online! Go to http://www.uppsa.org/forum.html to post your books.
• Academic or Assistantship Advocacy- Any MUPPs with concerns about department-wide academic issues are encouraged to contact UPPSA at UPPSAinfo@gmail.com with your feedback about the program. The Board of UPPSA meets regularly with the UPP department and the Dean of CUPPA. Let us be your advocate. Also, for those students with assistantships, UPPSA President Bob Fuller is also the Graduate Employee Organization (GEO) steward for CUPPAH. If you feel you have been treated unfairly in your assistantship (Teaching, Graduate or Research) feel free to contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected with the GEO’s grievance resources.
• If you have important news for fellow MUPPs and you would like it included in the President’s Weekly Roundup and/or on the UPPSA website email UPPSAinfo@gmail.com by 2 p.m. each Sunday.